Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: The Real 80’s Summer Party -Heaton Park Manchester Saturday 14/8/10 from 5PM  (Read 4072 times)

Offline lancslassTopic starter

• SWK Member
  • trainee
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
  • Referrals: 0
Hi guys

Have just heard about this on the radio today, and thought it would be a good nite out with or without kids, see details below and let me know who is up for it.

Dig out your lacy fingerless gloves and your Day-Glo legwarmers this August as we invite you to the The Real 80’s Summer Party at Heaton Park in Manchester.

On Saturday 14th August a fantastic line-up of original artists, including Spandau Ballet’s frontman Tony Hadley, Rick Astley, Belinda Carlisle, ABC and Go West will perform your favourite hits and also collaborate on stage to create a Real party.

Advance tickets cost just £32.50 (rising to £37.50 on the day of the event) with a discount for children aged 5-15 at just £15 (rising to £20 on the day of the event) and under 5's going free with no ticket required.

The gates open at 5pm, the first act will take to the stage from 7.30pm.and and the night will finish in spectacular style with a firework finale.

You can purchase tickets by calling the box office on 0845 4 961 962, visiting imlconcerts.co.uk or at The Lowry Centre, Salford in Greater Manchester.

General Notes:
Picnic-style concert and customers are permitted to bring their own food & drink onto the premises. This includes glass bottles, alcohol.
Folding chairs and small tables are also permitted.
There will be additional catering on site as well as a bar selling a full range of drinks.
Parking - Limited on site.
We do not permit gazebos, barbecues, large golfing umbrellas, windbreaks, tents or large tables on site.
No animals except guidance dogs are permitted.
For further terms and conditions visit imlconcerts.co.uk.

EVEN THOUGH THIS ISN'T ADVERTISED AS AN ADULTS ONLY EVEN - I THINK FOR US SWKER'S WOULD BE BEST THEN WE CAN RELAX AND HAVE SOME FUN, MAYBE EVEN HAVE A NIGHT OUT IN MANCHESTER OR BURY AFTERWARDS ???
IF YOU ALWAYS DO WHAT YOU'VE ALWAYS DONE, YOU'LL ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU'VE ALWAYS GOT!!!

Offline sageangel

• SWK Member
  • Thank You
Sounds absolutely brilliant! And yes I'd be interested in going without the kids, although as teens it would be easier for me to bring them than if they were toddlers. I'm from down south, so is there any cheap accomodation nearby?

x

Offline lulu67

• SWK Member
  • Thank You
I would love to be in on this one as a group. Probably come without the kids. Would be good if we could sort accomodation so can bring alcohol ;D

Lisa x

• SWK Member
  • trainee
  • Thank You
Hi Ladies,
Just going to wait a couple of weeks and see what sort of comeback we get on this, I'm still def up for it, Heaton Park is in Whitefield Manchester - i'm sure there will be a cheap travel inn or something around, Bury is also close by so could look around there too x
IF YOU ALWAYS DO WHAT YOU'VE ALWAYS DONE, YOU'LL ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU'VE ALWAYS GOT!!!

Offline sunflora

• trainee
  • Thank You
I'm definitely up for it!!!!  Will have a look around for any cheap places etc to stay  ;D
There have been many times this year when I've disturbed you, troubled you, pestered you. irritated you, bugged you or just plainly got on your nerves so today I just wanted to tell you... TOUGH poop! There are no changes scheduled for 2010!!! ENJOY! X

Offline tasha83

• trainee
  • Thank You
i would also be up for this sounds good

• SWK Member
  • trainee
  • Thank You
I did find a travelinn/lodge at Heaton Park and a family room for 3/4 is £44 - I reckon we could get more in aswell x

Offline Silky

• Administrator
  • beyond all hope !
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 112
  • -Receive: 103
  • Referrals: 1
I went to this one with Richard and it was a great concert, a warm evening and a fab singalong!

Did anyone else go along?

Silky x
A positive mental attitude may not solve all your problems but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort"

Single Parent Holidays in the UK and Overseas. Single With Kids offers the widest range of breaks and holidays for single parents, from camping with kids and value breaks through to all inclusive overseas resorts and adventure holidays. Our destinations range from the Lakes through to Lapland, Center Parcs to Tunisia. All Single With Kids Holidays are in group settings with the focus on fun and friendship. Everyone is a single parent family with children aged from babies through to teenagers, and mums and dads from all backgrounds.*Single With Kids Ltd * Greg Street, Stockport SK5 7BR * Telephone 0845 166 8119 *

Copyright © 2014 Single with Kids.
All rights reserved.