Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Brought my first tent help  (Read 1325 times)

Offline Suz70Topic starter

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
  • Referrals: 0
Brought my first tent help
« on: June 11, 2016, 02:28:19 PM »
Hi everyone I'm a newbie and just brought new tent vango atoll off gum tree only used once . Started to worry bout putting it up cause wanted to book one of the camping trips with u but haven't a clue how to put it up . I was so excited to get it but now feeling totally flat.
I have 2 children 12 and 5 and so wanted to take them away but feel so alone bout putting up the tent. Is there anyone out there who is a newbie and stressing bout there tent ha

Offline Blue Sky

• SWK Member
  • trainee
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 9
Re: Brought my first tent help
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2016, 03:15:18 PM »
Hi

Just replied on your other post  8) what sort of vango is it?  It should have a name on the bag or the front of the tent - somtehing like "Vango Icarus 500" Its probably really straightforward.  The only complicated ones are the colour coded ones with pods - and even they just take a bit more working out.

And yes, I stressed the first time.  I booked for the New Forest trip because it is local to me and I decided I could come home if I couldnt get my tent up or nobody spoke to me.   Six years later I am still SWKing and camping three or four times a year.

Go for it.
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.

Offline WT4

• Full Time Mummy
  • SWK Member
  • beyond all hope !
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 105
  • There's Only One
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2016, 11:36:30 AM »
It's not easy to see from the start but you will be able to pitch your tent, I promise. 

Search youtube (and the manufacturers web site) for video pitching tutorials ... almost every tent is there somewhere.

Find the children something to do ... fetching water is a good job to get them out of the way.

Never be afraid to ask a neighbour to come and hold a pole or two ... most folk are happy to help if they're not busy themselves ... besides, it's a splendid ice-breaker.

You will find you have left the stress at the gate :)
Two things we give our children: roots & wings

Offline global2016

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2017, 03:21:29 AM »
artikel bagus

Single Parent Holidays in the UK and Overseas. Single With Kids offers the widest range of breaks and holidays for single parents, from camping with kids and value breaks through to all inclusive overseas resorts and adventure holidays. Our destinations range from the Lakes through to Lapland, Center Parcs to Tunisia. All Single With Kids Holidays are in group settings with the focus on fun and friendship. Everyone is a single parent family with children aged from babies through to teenagers, and mums and dads from all backgrounds.*Single With Kids Ltd * Greg Street, Stockport SK5 7BR * Telephone 0845 166 8119 *

Copyright © 2014 Single with Kids.
All rights reserved.