Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Cold feet  (Read 962 times)

Offline StoffaTopic starter

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
  • Referrals: 0
Cold feet
« on: May 12, 2017, 09:14:07 PM »
Hey there, I have been sooo excited at your site and the holidays you have on offer.  I have also put my heart on two of them which I am sooo looking forward to.  The thing is I have a question that is burning away and I am having difficulty in finding the answer.  I'm sure its on the forum somewhere and have posted it as I just couldn't find it.  Now I'm looking over the forums and am seeing the low activity and am getting cold feet about booking.  It would be my first bookings but am getting increasingly worried due to the low activity.  Like I said, its probably me but it will be my first time so naturally want assurance.  Any help on getting the answer would be great as I'm now on the fence with just taking the plunge and just need that little bit confidence...

My initial post is here:
http://www.singlewithkids.co.uk/forum/club-trips-general/singlewithkids-choosing-a-holiday/msg298191/#new

but to save time, I've copied the post below:
"Hi, I'm interested in a couple of your holidays and have not booked before so it will be my first time with swk.  Can you help by telling me how I can find out more details about the room, the numbers when its shared and the type of bed that I and my child will have?  The information could be there but I'm afraid I'm not seeing it at the mo.  Also, the booking process doesn't give me the option for a private room (unless I have more kids).  I'm looking at the south coast break and cornwall sea view.  "

Thanks.

Offline YimL

• Thank You
Re: Cold feet
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2017, 10:54:07 PM »
Hi Stoffa,
Email your questions to events@singlewithkids.co.uk
I've been on one holiday and that was to Lapland 2016! And that was expensive and first trip abroad with my two young boys - so I totally had the cold feet and wondering if I should burn a hole in my credit card for it. I did and I'm so glad. 
The website gives most of the information you need but I guess if it's for private rooms and specific things you can just email them - I know I have in the past & still do! They are great at replying and you will have a great time, especially your kids.
Highly recommend trying one close by if your still nervous.
Hope that helps!
Oh and a few of us are booked on the Montenegro trip - so we are "hooked" already.
Much love xoxo
Linda

Offline Ms_wormwood

• SWK Member
  • beyond all hope !
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 151
  • -Receive: 69
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2017, 04:48:14 PM »
Don't worry, the forum has quieted down alot.... social media being what it is, but the folks you'll meet on your trips will not be. I have been on loads of trips and always made friends, more importantly, the kids make friends.
Onwards and upwards.

Offline StoffaTopic starter

• Thank You
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2017, 08:26:21 PM »
Thanks for the replies.  I've decided to take the plunge and booked. allbeit with shared only available due to my late bookings I guess....(I don't know the how many rooms were actually available as it doesn't say....)  Also, not sure how I will get the £10 off with the newsletter as the mail I got didn't elaborate....See some of you soon :)

Offline CB2

• Coordinator.
  • beyond all hope !
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 9
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2017, 06:50:39 PM »
Hi

You will have a fab time, we have been doing SWK since my son was about 6 and he is 16 in June and see comes with me.

There has not been a holiday we have been on that we haven't enjoyed. each different, each giving their own unique memories.

Elaine
Life is what you make it.

Offline monkeys mom

• Administrator
  • trainee
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 19
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2017, 10:33:07 AM »
Hiya!
Two great holidays you've looked at and I'm so glad you've taken the plunge - there is a really good thread on here that is HUGE with all of us who were nervous/anxious/worried/ etc about holidaying with a load of strangers - so many questions and concerns. BUT.... if you read the posts you'll see how wonderful each holiday turned out. The testimonials on each of the holiday pages shows these comments.

Any specific holiday issues such as room bookings etc are easily resolved by contacting the office (best way is email to events@singlewithkids.co.uk)

The forum was the best way to chat until (as has been said) social media took off and it's a shame as so many friendships were made on here - when the kids are in bed most of us sat up until the wee hours on here chatting with other single parents in a safe and fun environment rather than stuck on Facebook seeing our friends on nights out and with their other halves. The forum is still the best way to meet local single parents and arrange get togethers locally but it takes people posting to get it going and so thank you for jumping in!
MM x
Sometimes when you give up on someone, its not because you don't care but because you realise that they don't.

Offline monkeys mom

• Administrator
  • trainee
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2017, 11:05:22 AM »
This is the link to the thread I was talking about
http://www.singlewithkids.co.uk/forum/general-advice/your-first-swk-trip-join-in!/

You'll see a lot of the regular trips on here and also how we were all so nervous about our first trip
MM x
Sometimes when you give up on someone, its not because you don't care but because you realise that they don't.

Offline Bscott1987

• Thank You
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2017, 10:11:45 PM »
I have 4 children what would be a good uk holiday to start me off on my first trip

Offline monkeys mom

• Administrator
  • trainee
  • Thank You
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2017, 09:14:45 AM »
Hi BScott, there really are so many I guess it depends on the room configuration and what availability is left on holidays.

Also the age range of your children . One of the best UK holidays is the Fort in Wales due to the stunning location and the amount of activities locally. Cornwall is also a great break and Pembroke too. There are some new locations this year such as Ironbridge, again with lots to do.

Probably best to drop a line to our events team and they can advise on the best holiday in terms of room allocation to make sure all 5 of you are together and have a great time

MM x

Offline WT4

• Full Time Mummy
  • SWK Member
  • beyond all hope !
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 105
  • There's Only One
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2017, 07:46:50 PM »
Some of the hostel holidays have bedrooms with capacity for five.

Then, of course, there is the camping ... do you have a tent?
Two things we give our children: roots & wings

Single Parent Holidays in the UK and Overseas. Single With Kids offers the widest range of breaks and holidays for single parents, from camping with kids and value breaks through to all inclusive overseas resorts and adventure holidays. Our destinations range from the Lakes through to Lapland, Center Parcs to Tunisia. All Single With Kids Holidays are in group settings with the focus on fun and friendship. Everyone is a single parent family with children aged from babies through to teenagers, and mums and dads from all backgrounds.*Single With Kids Ltd * Greg Street, Stockport SK5 7BR * Telephone 0845 166 8119 *

Copyright © 2014 Single with Kids.
All rights reserved.