Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Exam Stress?  (Read 1173 times)

Offline SilkyTopic starter

• Administrator
  • beyond all hope !
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 112
  • -Receive: 103
  • Referrals: 1
Exam Stress?
« on: May 17, 2016, 11:30:29 AM »
Should I be stressed that my GCSE daughter ISN'T stressing about her exams?
She's cool as a cucumber, in fact life doesn't stress her at all, she just stresses everyone else out  :)
I'm sort of worrying  thought that this is a biggie and not really the time to be simply going with the flow...

aaargh!  Here's hoping it all works out and I'm trying not to let my stress show, but it's difficult...

Silky x
A positive mental attitude may not solve all your problems but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort"

Offline CB2

• Coordinator.
  • beyond all hope !
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 9
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Exam Stress?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2016, 10:11:00 PM »
I think you should be pleased, because when I see some of the kids in school they are just so stressed out it is effecting every aspect of their lives.

They are well prepared through school, far more that we ever were, they have mocks for mocks, so providing she has attended revision sessions, I think a calm approach is the way to go.

I am sure this time next year, I will be the one stressed out and C as laid back as ever   :-\
Life is what you make it.

• Administrator
  • beyond all hope !
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2016, 07:58:59 AM »
She had an exam yesterday that didn't go too well - but as there were over 100k posts on Twitter about it, then I suspect she wasn't the only one who thought it odd (a biology exam that asked questions about drunk teenagers and what an 'independent company' is).  It still hasn't phased her though.....but got me panicking !

You're right, I should just go with the flow. Whatever the outcome, she'll be chilled.

Somehow I suspect I'll get pay back when it's daughter no.2's turn....

Silky x
A positive mental attitude may not solve all your problems but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort"

Offline monkeys mom

• Administrator
  • trainee
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 19
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2016, 01:18:50 PM »
One way or another is will help her for in the future - either she'll realise she needed to prepare more and it will mean better prep for the next lot of exams or she'll me just fine doing what she's doing.

I still get headaches and can't sleep/strange dreams around exam time in June following the HUGE stress put on us at school.

And stress doesn't help get better results - being clear headed, relaxed and focused does  ;D

MM x
Sometimes when you give up on someone, its not because you don't care but because you realise that they don't.

• Administrator
  • beyond all hope !
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2016, 06:14:06 PM »
Last year I was seriously thinking about starting a course in natural medicine....and then the reality of exams (even someone else's!) has knocked that on the head. I'm not sure I could handle it now, I was always a last minute crammer but I just don't think the nerves would hold up nowadays.

Silky x

Offline monkeys mom

• Administrator
  • trainee
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 19
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2016, 10:16:24 PM »
I was terrible in my exams for the last few modules of my degree but I'm so glad I did it. 

You should go for it :-)

MM X
Sometimes when you give up on someone, its not because you don't care but because you realise that they don't.

• Administrator
  • beyond all hope !
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2016, 08:33:18 AM »
I'm not sure I've the tenacity now to be honest, I love learning ...but what I want to learn and not a strict curriculum. (I'm really not good at doing what I'm told  :) )     My uni days are all a haze now but I remember a lot of late night panicky revision and living off adrenaline, I'm not sure I could go through it again.

Silky x

Offline Suiky

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2017, 10:30:11 PM »
I don't know how to prepare for stress. At the moment I don't want to work, I don't want to do household chores. This is only the beginning of the week but I just want to sleep and watch movies wrapped in a blanket. Soon the winter and bad weather so affects me. Today I decided to order special pills https://nootropicboost.com/buy-best-nootropics/coluracetam/  which help to stay motivated and active, even when you fall into apathy. Has anyone already tried these pills? My friend recommended me these pills, she took them before.

Single Parent Holidays in the UK and Overseas. Single With Kids offers the widest range of breaks and holidays for single parents, from camping with kids and value breaks through to all inclusive overseas resorts and adventure holidays. Our destinations range from the Lakes through to Lapland, Center Parcs to Tunisia. All Single With Kids Holidays are in group settings with the focus on fun and friendship. Everyone is a single parent family with children aged from babies through to teenagers, and mums and dads from all backgrounds.*Single With Kids Ltd * Greg Street, Stockport SK5 7BR * Telephone 0845 166 8119 *

Copyright © 2014 Single with Kids.
All rights reserved.