Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Looking for friends in the Stockport area  (Read 1657 times)

Offline sandiTopic starter

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
  • Referrals: 0
Looking for friends in the Stockport area
« on: October 20, 2010, 12:07:36 PM »
Hello, I would love to hear from anyone in the Stockport area who fancies going out for a coffee or drink.  Since splitting with my ex 2 years ago I have also been made redundant and I have found that my social life has hit rock bottom.  As seems to be the case with other single mums, all my friends are married and don't really understand how lonely life can be on your own.  I try really hard to keep a positive outlook and would love to meet some mums in similar circumstances.  I have 2 boys aged 18 and 7, my eldest is training with the Royal Marines so not currently at home.  I do hope I get some replies! :)

Offline gemini

• SWK Member
  • trainee
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 4
Re: Looking for friends in the Stockport area
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2010, 08:05:45 PM »
there are loads on here from the Stockport area.  I have a little boy who is nearly 4 and two teenagers and live close by.
Claire

Offline janey1968

• trainee
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2010, 09:40:50 PM »
Hi Sandi,

Just to say welcome!! I'm not far away either also live in stockport. I have 3 children my eldest is 20 (he does his own thing) but also got 2 girls 14 and 9. As Claire says there are loads on here from in and around stockport and everyones dead friendly  ;D

Jane

Offline Sharon J

• beyond all hope !
  • Thank You
  • Happy, Happy, Happy.
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2010, 05:54:20 PM »
Hiya,

I am also in Stockport with an 8 yr old daughter - keep an eye on the Northern region board for things happening - I am having a get together at mine on Friday 19th Nov and you ar more than welcome to come along.

Sharon J x
Keep smiling xx

Offline hollysmummy

• Thank You
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2011, 12:42:20 PM »
Hi Sandi I know your post is a few months old but I live in Burnage and would love to meet up for coffee etc.
Sharon

Offline Nomi W

• SWK Member
  • trainee
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2011, 10:06:43 PM »
hello and welcome, i've not been online for ages so sorry this is so late. but a new year and all that, trying to make more friends.
i'm in the offerton bit of stockport if you know it.
i have two boys 4 and 5.
hope to meet you soon, if you fancy a coffee drop me a line i'm sure we can arrange something.

Offline Mely

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2017, 12:35:47 PM »
Hello there im a single young mum habe a litle 5 year old   i fi d it cuite hard to get to meet new friends as i dont go out i habe yast come put of a dificult relashion ship  and would love to meet some new friends that are in the same situation as me  thwnkiu

Single Parent Holidays in the UK and Overseas. Single With Kids offers the widest range of breaks and holidays for single parents, from camping with kids and value breaks through to all inclusive overseas resorts and adventure holidays. Our destinations range from the Lakes through to Lapland, Center Parcs to Tunisia. All Single With Kids Holidays are in group settings with the focus on fun and friendship. Everyone is a single parent family with children aged from babies through to teenagers, and mums and dads from all backgrounds.*Single With Kids Ltd * Greg Street, Stockport SK5 7BR * Telephone 0845 166 8119 *

Copyright © 2014 Single with Kids.
All rights reserved.