Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Just joined  (Read 481 times)

Offline DaddyLeeTopic starter

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
  • Referrals: 0
Just joined
« on: May 17, 2017, 07:38:33 AM »
Hi everyone.  I've just joined the forum after using the FB group for a long time thought I would join up and make use of the forum as well.  I have been a single dad for 6 years now and been through the court process numerous times.  I managed to be awarded a residence order/child arrangement order when my son was 15 months old ( he stayed with me all the time from break up of marriage )  he is now 7 years old and growing up nicely.  Been back to court a few times over the years, had problems with missed contact from mum and all kinds of problems but we get through them.  I have quite an extensive knowledge of the court process having represented myself and with legal representation.  If I am able to offer any advice and support I would be happy to help anyone.  ;D
Just as it gets better it gets worse.  Just as it gets worse it gets better.

Offline monkeys mom

• Administrator
  • trainee
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 19
Re: Just joined
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2017, 10:20:35 AM »
Welcome Daddy Lee
There are quite a few dads in SWK with a similar situation, all of whom have proven that single dads are capable of lone parenting and can experience the same issues as single mums when it comes to contact with the other parent.

Although it is quieter on here since the advent of FB it's by people posting that more will find support so thanks for being brave and jumping in!
MM
Sometimes when you give up on someone, its not because you don't care but because you realise that they don't.

Offline tommopat

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2017, 08:10:34 PM »
Hi i've been a single dad for little over a year. I have two wonderful daughters been hard work but wouldn't change it.
Luckily for me the mother did not put up a fight and basically said i would make good dad so i could have them. contact been once every 3 months which i feel is not enough for the girls but i keep them very busy and active so. 

Offline toot

• SWK Member
  • beyond all hope !
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2017, 09:25:49 PM »
welcome daddy lee ive not been on here for a while but I'm sure its as great as always xx

Offline WT4

• Full Time Mummy
  • SWK Member
  • beyond all hope !
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 105
  • There's Only One
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2017, 08:03:29 PM »
Keeping the wee darlings busy is definitely a good plan.
Two things we give our children: roots & wings

Single Parent Holidays in the UK and Overseas. Single With Kids offers the widest range of breaks and holidays for single parents, from camping with kids and value breaks through to all inclusive overseas resorts and adventure holidays. Our destinations range from the Lakes through to Lapland, Center Parcs to Tunisia. All Single With Kids Holidays are in group settings with the focus on fun and friendship. Everyone is a single parent family with children aged from babies through to teenagers, and mums and dads from all backgrounds.*Single With Kids Ltd * Greg Street, Stockport SK5 7BR * Telephone 0845 166 8119 *

Copyright © 2014 Single with Kids.
All rights reserved.