Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: urgent advice needed  (Read 1532 times)

Offline LONGHAULTopic starter

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
  • Referrals: 0
urgent advice needed
« on: November 14, 2015, 03:00:28 PM »
Hi I am a single mom to 2 boys aged 18 months and 5 years after my husband left me for someone else  I am really struggling financially I am just about feeding them and keeping a roof over there heads another big issue is clothing I literally have nothing for them except uniform and a ciuple of tops snd bottoms etc I even had to keep my 5 year old of school the other day as it was a none uniform day and I never had anything to put on him, does anyone know of any kind of grant I might be able to get etc or any good links for cheap clothing please thanks xxxx ???

Offline Silky

• Administrator
  • beyond all hope !
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 112
  • -Receive: 103
  • Referrals: 1
Re: urgent advice needed
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2015, 03:37:15 PM »
Hi Longhaul,
I'm sorry for the delay in replying - we had our Christmas party weekend last weekend and it's wiped everyone out!

I've posted your query up on our Facebook page so hopefully we'll get an array of answers - I'm sure you're not alone in this. 

Do you get any maintenance at all for the children? What about benefits ?

Silky x
A positive mental attitude may not solve all your problems but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort"

Offline monkeys mom

• Administrator
  • trainee
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 19
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2015, 10:58:23 AM »
Hi Longhaul
How are things now? You wouldn't be the first mom to send kids in uniform on a non uniform day and I'm sure the school would be supportive (And often have spare clothes). Have you divided the finances with your ex? Are you able to sustain the house, bills etc on your own without his input? Talking to Citizens Advice Bureau might help to get things manageable for the longer term - things like single person discount for your council tax etc and tax credits are all invaluable when managing on your own.
Charity shops are good for clothing or contact your county council for links to childrens support. It's often that the support is out there but it's knowing where to find it and CAB are a good place to start. You certainly aren't alone and your ex also has a part to play here in providing financial support.

MM x
Sometimes when you give up on someone, its not because you don't care but because you realise that they don't.

Offline Silky

• Administrator
  • beyond all hope !
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 112
  • -Receive: 103
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2015, 11:35:23 AM »
I posted this on our FB page Longhaul and a number of parents have offered to send you free boys clothes - I never cease to be overwhelmed at the generosity of the SWK community. I'll post the link up on this post shortly, I do hope it helps.
Silky x
A positive mental attitude may not solve all your problems but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort"

Single Parent Holidays in the UK and Overseas. Single With Kids offers the widest range of breaks and holidays for single parents, from camping with kids and value breaks through to all inclusive overseas resorts and adventure holidays. Our destinations range from the Lakes through to Lapland, Center Parcs to Tunisia. All Single With Kids Holidays are in group settings with the focus on fun and friendship. Everyone is a single parent family with children aged from babies through to teenagers, and mums and dads from all backgrounds.*Single With Kids Ltd * Greg Street, Stockport SK5 7BR * Telephone 0845 166 8119 *

Copyright © 2014 Single with Kids.
All rights reserved.